The NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will commence work to build and upgrade 29 more hospitals and health facilities in the next term of Government, bringing investment to more than $8.4 billion on health infrastructure across the State, over the next four years.
A $1.3 billion redevelopment of Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital was the centerpiece of today’s hospital infrastructure commitment, in addition to hundreds of millions of dollars to be invested into each of The Sydney Children’s Hospital at Randwick and Westmead, and Royal Prince Alfred, Ryde, Sutherland and St George hospitals.
In the regions, John Hunter Hospital will undergo a $780 million redevelopment, with major redevelopments or upgrades also planned for Shoalhaven, Griffith, Eurobodalla, Manning Base, Ballina, Gunnedah, Bowral and Albury hospitals among others.
This record investment builds on the more than 200 new and upgraded hospitals and health facilities already completed or underway by the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said that the record investment over the next four years was only possible due to the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government’s strong economic management, which is providing the capacity to deliver more health facilities and employ additional nurses, doctors and other health professionals.
“The NSW Liberals & Nationals Government has a strong track record when it comes to delivering new and upgraded hospitals and health facilities. We have already delivered more than 100 new projects and have 100 more underway across the State,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“And we know, the best hospitals and health facilities are only as good as the people who work there, which is why we are also employing an additional 5000 nurses, more than 1000 doctors and more than 2000 other health professionals, to provide patients with the best possible care.
“The NSW Liberals & Nationals Government continues to triple Labor’s annual health infrastructure spending. Unlike Labor, we’re getting it done.”
Deputy Premier John Barilaro said the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government has injected record funding into health infrastructure to resuscitate regional hospitals after years of willful abandonment by Labor.
“It took a Liberals & Nationals Government to rebuild our regional hospitals and health facilities, which were ignored and neglected by Labor,” Mr Barilaro said. “Only a Liberals & Nationals Government will guarantee this work continues.”
Health Minister Brad Hazzard said that staff are the heart and soul of the NSW health system, and that new hospitals and facilities would attract a keen workforce, while boosting local economies.
“After the tradies and builders have finished, our hard-working staff, including an additional 8300 new nurses, doctors and other health professionals, will get to work in world-class facilities,” Mr Hazzard said.
Within the next term of Government, the NSW Liberals & Nationals will commence work on 29 new projects across NSW, including:
· Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital –$1.3 billion redevelopment.
· John Hunter Hospital – $780 million redevelopment.
· Royal Prince Alfred Hospital – $750 million redevelopment.
· Sydney Children’s Hospital Westmead – $619 million redevelopment.
· Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick and Comprehensive Children’s Cancer Centre – $608 million redevelopment.
· Ryde Hospital – $479 million redevelopment.
· Shoalhaven Hospital – $434 million redevelopment.
· St George Hospital – $385 million redevelopment.
· Griffith Base Hospital – $215 million redevelopment.
· Eurobodalla Hospital – $150 million new hospital.
· Manning Base Hospital – $100 million redevelopment.
· Sutherland Hospital – $81 million redevelopment.
· Ballina District Hospital – $80 million redevelopment.
· Moree Hospital – $80 million redevelopment.
· Cowra Hospital – $70 million upgrade.
· Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital – $65 million upgrade.
· Bowral Hospital – $55 million redevelopment.
· Gunnedah Hospital – $53 million redevelopment.
· Liverpool Hospital Car Park – $50 million investment.
· Albury Hospital – $45 million redevelopment.
· Concord Hospital Car Park – $32 million investment.
· Goulburn Base Hospital– $30 million redevelopment.
· Dubbo Hospital Car Park – $30 million investment.
· Shellharbour Hospital Car Park – $23 million investment.
· Glen Innes Hospital – $20 million upgrade.
· Iluka Ambulance Station – $10 million investment.
· Mona Vale Hospital – $10 million upgrade.
· Deniliquin Hospital – $3.2 million upgrade.
· Leeton Hospital – $2.5 million upgrade.
The list attached sets out the more than 200 new and upgraded hospitals and health facilities completed or underway under the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government.