Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education Geoff Lee has welcomed a new chairman and members to the keystone advisory body that helps guide the direction of TAFE NSW.
Seven new members have been appointed to the TAFE Commission Board, an advisory body that reviews and makes recommendations to the Minister on TAFE NSW services, priorities, and operations.
“TAFE NSW is continually evolving to meet the needs of industry and students, so a board with wide-ranging experience and expertise is critical in guiding the organisation,” Mr Lee said.
“The new board is built from incredibly diverse backgrounds, reflecting the diversity of those who study and work at TAFE NSW.
“With more than 130 campuses, thousands of staff, and hundreds of thousands of students, I wanted to ensure TAFE NSW would benefit from advisors who represent the many groups we service, and I’m confident this new board will do that.”
Former CEO of the Western Sydney Local Health District Danny O’Connor is the new Chair, and will be joined by new board members Alison Mirams, Katrina Troughton, Isaiah Dawe, Adam Liaw, John Borghetti AO, and Dr Geoff Newcombe AM.
“The new members are leaders in their fields and bring with them experience across industry sectors such as IT, education, health, aviation, hospitality, community services and construction.
“Danny O’Connor will assist TAFE NSW to meet the growing needs of our health sector, while Geoffrey Newcombe will help enhance pathways from school to VET.”
The TAFE NSW Commission board members are:
· Danny O’Connor (Chair) – Former Chief Executive of Western Sydney Local Health District
· Steffen Faurby – TAFE NSW Managing Director
· Georgina Harrisson – NSW Department of Education Secretary
· Alison Mirams – Founding CEO of Roberts Co.
· John Borghetti AO – Former CEO and Managing Director of Virgin Australia Group
· Adam Liaw – Cook, Writer and Broadcaster
· Katrina Troughton – Managing Director IBM Australia and New Zealand
· Isaiah Dawe – CEO of ID. Know Yourself
· Geoffrey Newcombe – CEO of Association of Independent Schools
· Jessie Borthwick – Former Nous Group Principal
· Kirsty Hosea – TAFE NSW Chief Delivery Officer