· There were 360 locally acquired cases of COVID-19 reported in NSW in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
· 88,988 COVID-19 tests were reported during that period. Please make sure you continue to get tested.
· The total number of vaccines administered in NSW is now more than 11 million. 90.4% of the over-16 population had received a first dose COVID-19 vaccine, and 74% are fully vaccinated.
· There are currently 766 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 155 people in intensive care, 74 of whom require ventilation.
· Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of five people with COVID-19 – four men and one woman. One person was in their 40s, one person was in their 50s, and three people were in their 80s.
· We are concerned about the following areas: Oran Park, Greenacre, Albion Park, Villawood, Ingleburn, Blair Athol, Wyoming (on the Central Coast), Woodberry and Weston (near Newcastle), and Cooma (in Southern NSW)
· Thank you for continuing to stay covid safe as restrictions ease for those who are fully vaccinated. Remember to wear a mask when indoors and close to others, check in and out of venues and wash your hands.