There are 262 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – with 13 active cases in ICU, including 5 on a ventilator, and an additional 20 cleared cases in ICU.
5,976,248 vaccine doses have been administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services, with 4,065 administered yesterday at state-run centres. 120 of the doses administered yesterday were for children aged 5 to 11 years, of which 80 were first doses and 40 were second doses.
59.8 per cent of Victorians aged 18 and over have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. 94 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have had two doses. 55.5 per cent of Victorians aged between 5 and 11 years have had one dose.
7,093 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday. This includes:
- 4,861 who tested positive on a Rapid Antigen Test
- 2,232 who returned a positive result on a PCR test
Sadly, the Department was notified yesterday of 23 deaths of people aged in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Five of these deaths occurred in the past two days with a further 8 deaths occurring in the past week.
This brings the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 2,540
There are 41,660 active cases in Victoria.
19,563 PCR tests were processed yesterday. The total number of PCR tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 19,538,190.
Links and contacts
- Report your positive Rapid Antigen Test or find more information about Rapid Antigen Tests
- Follow your COVID Checklist if you test positive or you are a contact of someone with COVID-19
- Get your vaccine through GPs or community pharmacies through the Vaccine Clinic Finder
- Get information on managing COVID-19 at home and getting the right support for your symptoms
- See where and how you can get vaccinated at state-run centres
- Find your nearest testing centre
- Current COVIDSafe settings for living and working in Victoria
- Financial support is available if you have to isolate after a test
- View Victoria’s Pandemic Order Register
To access the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Victoria, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website or call the 24-hour Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on 1800 312 911. Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.