Photos By Kabir M Ali
Under the Dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister and Act East Policy, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt of India and the ICSI- International Chamber for Service Industry organized an International Conference & Display- “Cinematic Tourism: Destination North East India for Media Entertainment Industry” with ASEAN Countries Heads at Mumbai.
The Press Conference commenced with an Inauguration ceremony with Ministry Officials, Key Speakers from Media Entertainment Industry & ASEAN countries
Guest of honor were :-
- Shri Sudhanshu Pandey- Joint Secreatry,Department of Commerce , GOI Ministry Of Commerce & Industry
- H. E. Mrs. Ma Teresita c. Daza- Ambassador- Phillipines Embassy
- H.E.Haji Sidek Bin Ali – High Commissioner- Bruenei Darussalam High Commission
- Mr. Tran Xuan Thuy- Counsel General – Vietnamese Consulate General in Mumbai
- Mr. Tran Le Tien -Councellor, Economic section- Vietnam Embassy
- Mr. Nor Shazly Azmi-Deputy Director,Tourism Malaysia, Mumbai
- Mr. Ekpol Poonpipat-Honorary Consul General ,Royal Thai Consulate-General in Mumbai
- Kalpana Lajmi
- Mrs Maya Kholie-Eminent Producer -Arunachal Pradesh
- Ms Sunita Bhuyan- Eminent Violinist & HR professional, Assam
- Mr. Dave Thoudadam-Award Winning Documentary Film Maker (Manipur) Award Winning Documentary Film Maker (Manipur)
- Ms. Lin Laishram Actor & Model (Manipur) ,Actor & Model (Manipur)
- Shri Jyoti Kalash, IAS (1990)Principal Resident Commissioner-Government of Nagaland
- Mr. Pu Zaia Deputy Resident Commissioner ,Government of Mizoram
- Mr. Devashish Sharma-Additional Resident Commissioner-Govt. of Assam, Mumbai
- Mr. Madan Kumar Pradhan-Joint Director-Sikkim Tourism, Govt. of Sikkim
- Ms Sunita Bhuyan-Eminent Violinist & HR professional, Assam
- Ms. Ate Kevichusa-Eminent Producer Nagaland
- Shri Jahnu Barua- Renowned Producer Director from NER(I)
- Mr. Anil Sharma- Renowned Producer & Director
- Mr. Mehul Kumar
- Mr. Varun Sharma – Actor in comic role
- Mr. Dhananjay Singh-Director General -NHRDN
- Mr. Nirmit Ved-Deputy General Manager-EXIM Bank
- Rani Hazarika- Bollywood playback Singer
Speakers on the dais were Sushant Singh, Aashish Singh ,JD Majethia ,Sanjay Chhel, Luke Kenny ,Soumini Paul, T.P Agarwal ,Rahul Mitra, BN Tiwari ,Kalpana Lajmi , Jahnu Barua ,Mehul Kumar, Tanuj Garg, Gurpreet Kaur Chadha, Dhananjay Singh, Chaitanya Padukone, Sunita Bhuyan, Sachin Pilgaonkar, Jyoti Kalash.
The Dias was graced by big wigs from the Media entertainment Industry as Cinematic Tourism has tremendous potential to give boost to Indian economy, promote Northeast region tourism, and generate large foreign exchange, direct and indirect employment opportunities for the untapped existing potential of our northeast region of the country and many more such avenues. There was a special confluence of ASEAN Countries heads on this occasion, to promote Cinematic tourism.
Followed by a 3 section Panel Discussion divided into Films, TV and Studio.
11:30 – 1:00PM– Inaugural Session : Session on Cinematic Tourism with JS- Min. of Commerce Industry, Govt of India, Ambassadors/ High Commissioners/ Counsel Generals of ASEAN Countries in India & Film Production Houses highlighting the industry demands and suggestions for NER(I) & ASEAN Region.
2 – 3 PM-Panel Discussion : Session on needs of Television Industry for NER(I)-ASEAN with Television Production Houses
Tea will be served during the Session
3 – 4 PM– Panel Discussion III : Session on Animation & Digital Technology for M&E Industry in NER(I)-ASEAN with Advertisement, 2D/3D Animation. Post Production and VFX Studios
4 – 4-30 pm – Open House
4.30 – 4.45 pm – Recognition and Honours
4.45- 5 pm– Summing up and closing remarks by Joint Sec Min. of Commerce & Industry, GoI and dispersal.
The elaborated discussion was attended by the big wigs of Bollywood and Television fraternity Smita Gondkar, Shweta Khanduri, Dj Sheizwood, Prashant Virendra Sharma, Champak Jain, Surya Prakash Sharma Chairman of Molad Group,. Throwing some light and keeping in view, Min. Of Commerce & Industry , Govt. of India has taken initiative to promote Cinematic Tourism with ICSI- Int. Chamber for Service Industry and to deliberate on following:
- Which are the most unique/picturesque locations in Northeast India, and ASEAN countries which are offered to M&E Industry for shooting and Media Ent. related events.
- How to help the Industry for getting single window clearance, hassle free activities right from landing-shooting-and moving out , availability of desired equipment , tapping the local talents, active participation of state Tourism departments, working in the direction to get most economical packages for M&E Industry and other feasible incentives.
Shri Sudhanshu Pandey, Joint Sec. Min. of Commerce gave the complete road map on how Min. of Commerce and Industry, is working in the direction to promote NER and ASEAN for service industry with a special segment of Media- Entertainment Industry. He also highlighting no. of initiatives which have been taken in this regard.
Dr Gulshan Sharma, Director General at International Chamber for Service Industry (ICSI) said “The main reason for this conference was to reach out to all the people of the specific industry and bring in collective efforts towards making North East India Cinematic tourism a big success along with ASEAN countries. The chamber would also like to understand, the demand of the Media-Ent industry, if the Northeast region of India is to be promoted . Besides, eminent people from Northeast region from the industry and govt. also participated in the event to share their views on the NER region besides ASEAN diplomats.
Mr. Sudhanshu Pandey Joint Sec. Min. of Commerce said, “It’s an honor to have the entire film & television fraternity be a part of Cinematic Tourism 2017. We invite them to the north east side of India to explore the locations & give a glimpse of the beauty of the cities. I thank each and everyone for being a part of this conference.”